Friday, May 25, 2012

Pleasing God

One of the things I have struggled with since I was a little girl was wanting the approval of men.  That is how I got my value if others approved of me.  I think I have grown a lot in this area.  Realizing my audience is God Almighty.  That He approves of me already.  That I chose to please Him and not men.  This is to the extreme where you want to please men instead of God.  I never thought of it that way but scripture says if you are a pleaser of men you cannot please God.


The trap this makes me fall into is comparing myself with others.  You know I can't do that as well as my friends.  I wish I had the talents and gifts she had.  I wish my relationship with the Lord was as close as hers.  This is a never ending spiral and we are unique in ourselves.  We cannot compare ourselves to others because we each have special gifts and talents.  I think one of the hardest things has been for me to accept myself as God does.  He has created me in His image and adores me and that is what matters.  If He is pleased with His creation who am I to question His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7