Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gossip

One sin I have always hated is gossip.  Maybe it is because I have always been in the public eye.  The topic of conversation true, false, good bad.  So many times it was so hurtful to me because it was about my family and those I loved most.  We had people peeping over out back fence taking pictures.  The police would come to my door late at night and someone had told them one of my children had been down town.  We even had a cross burned in our front yard.

A wise woman once told me to repeat something about someone even if it was true, if it was harmful was gossip.  That people did that to make themselves feel better about themselves.  I learned something from all of this if what I said could not build someone up instead of tare them down I shouldn't say it.

Christ was the center of gossip.  Pleople told lies about Him.  He always confronted them with the truth.  He is the Son of God who came to save the world.  I believe He hates the damage gossip does to peoples lives.  He loves His body and wants us to build each other up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7