Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Know He Watches Me

The sky darkened, the thunder roared.  The winds began to pick up speed.  The limbs on the trees swayed in different directions as if they had a mind and personality of their own.  They were securely planted with the roots of the trees that went deep within the ground. Unlike the sparrow.  I noticed a tiny sparrow perched right outside my screen porch.  It was totally still but its head moved from side to side in fright.  Watching all the action of creation take place but looked as if it wondered where to go and what to do.

I though how many times have I been like that tiny sparrow frightened in my circumstances.  But scripture says that our God even cares for the sparrow.  How much more does He care for me.  The song says His eyes are on the sparrow I know He watches over me.  Gods words tells us not one of the sparrows are forgotten. For us not to fear; we are more valuable than the sparrow.


Luke 12:6-7

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Are not five sparrows sold for two [a]cents? Yet not one of them is forgotten before God.  Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7