Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Our Deepest Longing

Even though Abraham saw God provide the sacrifice and Abraham could get his son.  God told Abraham God was his great reward.  We think if we had possessions, power, relationships we would be content and it would fulfill us.  It doesn't meet our deepest longing.  Only God can meet the void within us.  As we run to Him He is our fulfillment our satisfaction.  On God will meet our deepest longing.

"You God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7