Friday, May 24, 2013

The Potter and The Clay




We were off to the mountains, my friends and I.  Off to find the perfect wedding gift for our friends daughter who we were giving a shower for.  I was so excited.  A day in the mountains.  I love pottery.  Promised to even buy a piece or two for myself.

When we arrived, on this gorgeous Spring day, there was a shed before us.  It was a place for the defected pottery.  Those that were unacceptable.  That is right where I headed.  I was amazed.  Yes they were uneven.  Some of the glaze was not evenly distributed.  They were different heights and not evenly round or were too big or too small.  What I saw was they were unique.  Yes they were the cast outs.  The ones who didn't measure up to perfection of most.  But I loved them.  That was were I wanted to spend my money.  I wanted to invest in them.  I wanted them to be mine.

I loved their individual qualities.  The design and personality of the potter was there.  He was not trying to just make something out of a mold.  He was designing.  I was thrilled.  I brought these home to be mine.  To put on display.  To use and enjoy and delight in.  They were each one beautiful to me.  I loved the fact that they were different.  The defects they owned were what made them special to me.  I was so excited with my finds.  Could anyone else see their value?  They seemed uninterested.  My friends has so much already.  But I had very little.  These were a treasure to me.  Of great value.  They may have not been valuable or beautiful to anyone else but me but they were going to be mine and I was delighted to give them a home with me.

This is the love of the Father.  He is the potter.  We are the clay.  We are each uniquely designed and valued because we are a part of the Fathers hand of creativity.  We should find great joy in our uniqueness and individuality.  We are created in the image of God only He is perfect.  We are designed.  He always was and is.  We have a beginning but no end.  It is with great joy He calls us His own.

Isaiah 64:8
But now, O Lord, You are our Father, We are the clayand You our potterAnd all of us are the work of Your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7