Sunday, May 26, 2013

When what I fear the most happens...

When I fear the most happens.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Sometimes I say to myself, "what is the worst that can happen". Then when I accept that, I can accept whatever God sends my way. This is not exactly surrender. It is saying to myself, I have to expect the worst so I won't be disappointed. I must brace myself and be prepared for the worst. This is not trusting in God's loving provision for me.

What is the worst thing that can happen to us. It is for us to suffer. We suffer because we do not get what we want.  We do not want to suffer. We will avoid it at all cost. When we do have pain our body, mind and heart cry relief. Rescue me someone or something. We run to other people, to addictions to not feel the pain and escape, to activities like work, exercise, hobbies, so we will feel better about our selves. We even get angry. That is a way of expressing pain and trying to be in control again. It may come out in explosions of anger at others, frustration, disappointment, or discouragement, hopelessness, isolation or even sleep and depression.

Ask yourself, "what would it be like to enter into and embrace the pain?" Trust that God is in control and you can go to Him for comfort. You may not understand why something is happening this side of heaven but because of His word you can know it is for good and for His glory. He will not compromise His eternal purpose for temporary relief for you. As a matter of fact this reveals what you are trusting in, Him, others or circumstances or things. That is why it is so painful. It is like you are having to die for freedom.

Please remember all those who have served our country for our freedom. For those who have lost their lives and for those who are left behind. There is no greater love than to lay down your life one for another. Our service people are a true picture to us of the battle we are in for freedom.


 Christ fought the battle and won the war of eternity by dying and rising again for us to be with Him in relationship and freedom forever.  Don't compromise your freedom. Go ahead and die to the things that replace Christ as your life. The things that offer an illusion of peace, comfort and joy.  You can trust Him with the things, people and circumstances of life.  It may not happen like you have planned but ultimately it will be beauty from ashes for all eternity. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7