Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Do you ever have a day when everything seems to go wrong?

Do you ever have a blah day? I am having one now. It actually started last night with dinner. We had dinner guest. I tried a new recipe, even though I had a bad headache for a while yesterday. Then when the guest got here and my husband came in tired from cutting hay, I took out the meat from the oven. I just had a feeling and kept saying before I even checked the meat, this meal is going to be a bummer. Well the meat was raw. My husband got a shower. We sliced the pork loin and put it on the grill. It was fine but not what I had hoped.

I have two friends who are really struggling right now and I am so sad. I feel their pain.

Some things happened today with my thinking that kinda scared me. I thought this happened when I got sick once. Just confused. But I have been doing too much reading and thinking lately. I know what I need to do and have corrected my thinking.

I made a statement to my friends husband last night. "I don't feel like I can do anything right sometimes". He said me too. Now is that a poor me, defeated attitude and I passed the idea on to my friend. Then I felt worse about that.

Today I went to the dentist an hour and a half away. I got lost and called. Their electricity was going to be cut off in 30 min. I was going to have a root canal. No way I could get there and have time to fix it. Don't know if it was an accident or what the reasoning was for the power outage but I drove back home and have to go again Thurs.  Blahhh.

It has been a domino effect one thing going wrong after another. What do I do to get out of this funk. I remember my Savior calls me beloved. That He rejoyces over me. But I feel the pain and the disappointment of the day and go to Him for love, acceptance and understanding. He cares about everything we go through. That is where I am now. Just sitting with Him and being. It is going to be ok but I just got to be here awhile.  I got to unwind and reflect.  Think about the things that are true about Him and me.  Satan would love for me to feel defeated.  He is such a manipulator and a liar.  But God is always true and good.  Wonder what God is trying to teach me right now?  Wonder what I am suppose to learn and see?  I am going to sit here awhile and listen and just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7