Thursday, May 2, 2013

Be A Risk Taker

I was just thinking I guess I have gone from making my whole life about control, trying to make things change to being cynical, thinking things will never change. There is a third way I know. It has got to be about Christ and staying with life and loving no matter what the results. I have begun this journey but want to grow in deepening my love for people and life. 

My way has been the way of escape from business, to studying, denial, to depression, sleeping, isolation, to being in a daze and addiction. I even suspect my motives with being God are colored with a heart of wanting to be anywhere but in reality. Anywhere life does not hurt me or that I feel no pain.

This life is full of pain, suffering and heartache. Can I embrace life and all it has for me? Can I return the embrace of my Abba with my joys, delights, questions, anger, fear, pain, even cynicism... for comfort, forgiveness, answers, faith, pleasure, peace, joy, and intimacy of hearts. Can I say come Lord, God come and stop running? Instead of looking at my life like a mine field, look at it as a wonderful gift of opportunity and miracles of me changing and loving others just where and who they are, as my Father loves me, no matter what tomorrow may bring.

I wouldn't give anything for my communion with God but He wants it to be continual and my prayers never ceasing. He wants to be one with me in my body and His Spirit and to keep growing in knowing His reckless, beautiful love where He risk it all for me.

"God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from Himself because it is not there. There is no such thing." C.S.Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7