Thursday, May 30, 2013

Everything is different with HIm

God makes the blind to see and the deaf to hear.
Luke 7:22
And He answered and said to them, “Go and report to John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive sightthe lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and thedeaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have the gospel preached to them.

I went to the dentist today.  I needed a root canal and my bridge had come off.  Two days ago I went and I had lost my way.  By the time I called the dentist office the circumstances were... they couldn't take me.  It is an hour and a half there and an hour and a half back.  So I had to go back today.  I was sure I would not get lost this time.  Danny got me directions and I left an hour early.  I grabbed my bag of things, book, water, but forgot my phone and money so I went back in to get these things.

I got to the dentist office an hour early sure enough.  There was a Good Will so I went there for awhile and talked to a friend afterward.  I started in and looked I couldn't find my purse.  I had left my purse at home.  It was ok.   I had some money for lunch.  I went inside and began reading my book and waiting to be called.  As my name was called and I started back, I opened the door and said OMG my bridge is in my purse and my purse is at home.  I could have died.

As I sat in the chair and they were telling the dentist, he said you forgot the most important thing.  I explained I never mess up like I mess up here.  The assistant said I think you get nervous.  I said you are right.  I have spent my life in the dentist chair. I felt like a failure.  How could I make three trips for one tooth on a 3 hour trip.   They left the room while I got numb.  I sat there while my lip got bigger than my nose reading my book.  All of a sudden I was  laughing out loud all by myself.  This isn't like me.  I am too much of a Southern Lady.  We don't cackle!  I love this book.  The name of it is Love Does by Bob Goff.  I knew it had to be good because Donald Miller did the forward.

I was in the next chapter, chapter 4.  It was talking about how God gently leads us into defeat.  How God finds us in our failures and our successes.  He teaches us a whole new way of thinking.  I quote him saying "I used to be afraid of failing at something that really mattered to me but now I'm more afraid of succeeding at things that don't matter".

My dentist came back in. I knew I was going to say something but I didn't know what to say.  Then it came to me,  I said I was just reading how Jesus died for screw ups.  He laughed.  I thought if that is the only reason I came 3 trips maybe that is enough.  My whole attitude had changed.  He said I just hate you have to come back.  I said it could be a lot worse.  On the way home I was thanking God and singing in my heart.  I was so grateful things had gone well with my tooth.  That I was able to come back.  That I could just be with Jesus all the way home and maybe make the next visit a fun trip with a friend or shopping or just enjoying being alone and the drive on such a beautiful day.

God changes everything.  The way we see things.  He is amazing.  He is a heart changer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7