Monday, May 6, 2013

Can You Receive?

Matt 7:11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

I have been in hard suffering for about 17 years. I am not by any means perfect but I know the way home before dark. I have many days of peace and joy. God is bringing so many blessings my way. I think I don't deserve this. When is the other shoe going to drop? Does God truly love me this much to bless me in such a plentiful way? Yes I know even the suffering is a blessing but we can get where our pain has more power in our eyes than God and His goodness.

Last week I went on a hike with a new friend. As we walked through the trail to the water fall she began to point out tiny little wild flowers to me. Some were hidden under leaves. Some we facing down. She would take her hand lift their heads and tell me the names of each and every one. I posted some pictures of these beautiful creations. I thought apart from her I would not have even seen these tiny little thoughts of God.

About that time a man with his walking stick came rushing by us. He said in passing, "I bet this is pretty in the fall". I told my friend, "he has not seen the first wild flower".

The closer we got to the waterfall the more plentiful the flowers were. The more lush the green was. We got to this magnificent water fall. I took lots of pictures and all I could do was sit down on a huge rock and worship, the God who is our Living Water. What a magnificent day it was.

Do you see God in the tiny things of this world. They are huge. He is revealing HImself in everything everywhere. It is His creation. Just as you learn of an artist by his painting and a writer by his book so you learn about God in His creation. Look for Him. He is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7