Saturday, June 1, 2013

Learning Christ in Me

These are the things God is teaching me in understanding Christ in Me, the Hope of Glory


1. I came to understand God's unconditional love for me and that I could trust Him. That the Father loved me so much He sent His Son to die for me and the Son chose to do that to get me. What love. That He was in control and I could no longer trust what I thought God wanted but look to what He was doing right where I was. This love healed my broken heart.  Is 53:5 by his wounds we are healed. I began to live by faith.  The just shall live by faith alone.

2. I confessed my sin of lovelessness, lack of forgiveness, unbelief, anger, resentment, bitterness to others and to the Lord. I ask people to pray. Then I ask the Lord to bring me to repentance and soften my hard heart. Ez. 11:19 says the Lord has taken out our heart of stone and given us a heart of flesh.  I learned to be honest with myself, others and God.

This process caused me to confront and bring truth to many, many fears. I knew my fears could point me to Christ but I was not trusting Him when I was afraid. I was gaining a new confidence of who I really was in Christ. The real me.

3.I decided that what I wanted more than anything in this life was to please God. I knew I could not earn His favor or love but I could please Him. Heb ll:6 Without faith it is impossible to please God. Jesus told us to pray, Our Father, Not my will but Thy will be done.

4. I knew what God wanted me to do was to trust Him, to love others, to love Him with all my heart. I made a choice to love people.
Luke 6:34-35
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
34 If you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount. 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, [a]expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.

5. I knew this love was impossible for me but I knew that Father and Son lived in me through their indwelling Spirit and their love could be lived out through me. That the same power that raised Christ from the dead lived in me and I could do the impossible through Him.

6.I decided that love does. The more I received Gods love for me the more love I had for others. It turned into a passion to concretely love people. To see their need and try to meet it. To give them Jesus. I started with my family. I started with my husband. I tried to help him and do things to please him, that he would enjoy. I realized that to first know God as the husband of my soul and then I would know how to love my husband. I wanted to love Him from my heart, to grow in Christ and to help him grow also. I realized I was not my own anymore. I was first Gods for eternity, then my husbands for life. That I was a bond servant of Christ, 2 Cor. 4:5 and I wanted to honor and glorify Him more than anything. I knew that was to first love Him then my husband.

7. My life did not get perfect. I did not love perfectly, only Jesus did. But I noticed a peace and joy no matter what was going on. I was enjoying God and enjoying life and people. I don't think I had ever done this since I was a little child. Thats what I prayed I would be like. A little child trying to learn to walk and falling into the arms of my Father.

I did not do this process once but have done it over and over in my personal relationship with God. My heart is ever before me, Luke 6:45 The good man out of the good [b]treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from [c]that which fills his heart.
 Prov 4:23 says watch over your heart, from it flows the Springs of Life. I had found life and life abundantly or rather Life, Himself had found me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7