Monday, June 17, 2013

What gives you life?


What gives you life do you think? What do you say if this would just happen I would be ok? I would be happy? Maybe it is a girlfriend or one you hoped for who hasn't noticed you. Maybe a husband or wife or job you hope to have one day. Then I will be happy. Maybe it is that your teenager would recognize how much you love them and that they would quit their rebellion. Maybe when my husband isn't so busy or when my work acknowledges how smart I am. Maybe when my ministry grows, or I have good health or I can understand this better. My kids are happily married or if they just weren't getting a divorce or if I weren't getting a divorce then I would be ok. I would be happy. I would have life.

Life is a Person. Life is not something we posses or that happens to us or the people around us it is Jesus. He is the way the truth the life. He gives life and no one or no one can take it away. When you have fellowship and true intimacy He shows you a life that is beyond anything you can imagine and nothing can rob you of it. It just is.

I know of someone in jail right now. It is a horrible situation. They are no criminal by our standards. They have lost everything. But they have gained everything. They are behind bars but know the freedom in Christ. They know the peace and the joy that is only in relationship with and trusting Him with every part of their life. THey are more free than many outside the bars. Oh for us all to know this freedom and peace and joy in all circumstances as Paul tells us of.

Stop! Stop everything. Sit down and be with God. Tell Him you want Him to reveal Himself and His love for you to you. That you need HIm. That you have sinned and you need His forgiveness and righteousness because you have none of your own. That He is everything you ever thought you needed to make you happy. He is your life and you want to experience Him and know HIm now in a deep and life giving way. As you give him of you He will give you of HIm. He is ready and willing and waiting. He will honor that prayer. I know. I have prayed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7