Saturday, June 15, 2013

Are you or do you know a perfectionist?

 Would you say you are a perfectionist or do you know one? I am. I had rather try to do things perfectly than admit to my sin and ask forgiveness. I really want to grow in this. It is much easier with friends and distant family, even strangers than it is those closest to me to confess my weakness, but harder to those who know my weakness. We all struggle to know our own weakness. I was thinking this morning when I cover up or defend myself instead of confessing and changing I am disowning the gospel. My need for Jesus. I am self righteous and Jesus died for sinners. I can do this, seem to humble myself, if I am in control of my confession but when someone close to me is critical it is hard to say you are right. I am much worse than you know. I am not an excellent example, as much as I long to be, but Jesus is for us all. We must look to Him as our perfect example I am going to fail you. But He is faithful and will never fail us as we look to Him and His perfect life, example. I have to remember His righteousness, perfection, is mine. So I can rest and give up trying to be perfect and just love my husband and family. I am going to screw it up. The Father loves me and sent His Son to die a horrible death to have me as His child so I can admit the worst there is about me without fear of any kind, to anyone. I can boast in my weakness for Gods power is made perfect in my weakness. Then I can be a better example than I ever could apart from dependence on God. The way I am this example is faith working through love. It is through repentance and faith to God and before others. I would appreciate your prayers in this for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7