Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Could it be?

Could it be the bigger mess you are the more room for Gods glory?  Is this a reason to make bad choices or to sin?  Of course not.  Does this mean that God planned for us to and made provision for these circumstances to be used in such big way for good to display His goodness apart from any doing of man.  In the bible the miracles are God sized.  They are things man could not do apart from God.  He was about rebuking, healing, changing, telling truth to the blind, the deaf where they could see and hear.  He brought out of captivity.  He raised the dead.  He made the lame walk.  He gave a home to those who had no home and took others from the homes they had.  He had no place He could lay his head.  Our heart is His home.

Jesus thought, worked, played, rested, studied, prayed, depended on His Father for everything.  He would do nothing on His own.  I don't think it was that He couldn't, He wouldn't.  He saw Himself as One with the Father through the Spirit.  There had never been separation from His Father and Spirit.  That is the most painful thing He suffered on the cross for us, not the beatings, the humiliation, the pain of our sin and suffering, but His separation and rejection of His Father for us.  So we will never be separated.  My God, My God, What has thou forsaken me?

The grandchildren will be here tomorrow night.  I was thinking of things I want to do with them and teach them. I thought about doing bible stories with them at nights.  Getting them to help me around the house.  How I want Danny and I to be a good example for them.  I want us to show them we do disagree and we can ask each other for forgiveness and ask them.  I want to teach them how to serve and encourage others.  Then I just stopped. These are all good things but I thought the most important thing I can do and teach them is how much I need Jesus.  How I do blow it and screw it up.  That I tried to do it all right and I just couldn't get it right.  How selfish and self centered I can be.  How the Father taught me how to love others by how He loves me unconditionally.  How my need for Jesus only grows because I only see greater everyday how perfect He is and how like Jesus I can't do anything right that really matters apart from Him.  That no one or nothing can ever meet my needs like Jesus and my relationship with Him.  I want them to be open and honest about their struggles and not feel they will ever be rejected by me or their pop or God because of them.  That they are safe with us.  Our love for them is not as great as Jesus love for them.  That no one can love them like God does.  How He sees everything they think or do and He couldn't love them more.  I want to talk to Jesus all day with them.  I want them to see me ask Him what do I do that day and what do I say to others and where do I go when someone is mad at me or I feel like I can't get it right.  When I feel alone or scared where I go. When things are happening and they don't understand why, that Jesus does and they can trust Him.  That sometimes hurtful, hard things happen but He never leaves them and is there for them through it.  That the Spirit will guide them and give them the courage to make hard decisions and good choices but when they don't Jesus nor we will ever stop loving them.  That they are special and unique and God wants to enjoy them all through out their day.  That Jesus and His Father's Spirit lives in their hearts and He will never ever leave them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7