Thursday, June 20, 2013

Disappointment.

Have you ever though things were one way and found out they were another.  Have you thought your relationships were one way and found out they were quiet as close as you thought they were.  Have you needed someone to listen and they were too busy.  Have you hoped for a kind or encouraging word and they didn't come?  Expected that recognition at work that never got noticed?  Expected an event to turn out a certain way and it just didn't happen anything like you thought it would?  Have you thought you knew someone and found out you didn't know them at all?  It was more of a relationship on your end trying to make it happen and it just didn't, maybe a friend, a parent, a soul mate you thought and it turn out that it was all you?

Life can be a disappointment when we set expectations to people and circumstances.  You don't want to be suspicious of people nor expect the worst thing to happen.  But to put your peace and your joy into someone else or the turn of events is only setting you up for a let down.  People will always disappoint you.  There will be a circumstance than will not turn out sometime.

Maybe you lost a dream.  Something you though was coming your way didn't   Maybe God didn't use you in the way you expected and you don't see how it is going to happen the way you thought and hopped it would.  Can you let it go and not get cynical but dare to dream again.  Dare to trust others again.  Maybe with a little harder planning the circumstance can be better than what you imagined.  Maybe it is not to late to set goals and dream those dreams.  I am a visionary.  I think big.  I think the sky is the limit.  Someone always has to bring me down to size and I get disappointed.  But I am not going to let it get me down.  I am going to wake up with new hope and face my challenges head on with the help of my Savior.  I am going to seek the best in everyone.  I am going to enjoy even if things are going my way.  I am going to believe God is good even when it may not seem like it.  That He wants to be with me and listen to me and is never too busy.  But He is intimate and carrying and compassionate.  He brings technicolor to my black and white dreary world.  He makes the sun shine and the rainbow glisten brightly with visions of color beyond anything man can make.

It is not that I am not a realist but I know that God is able to do more than we can think or imagine.  I know He is a redeemer and He makes all things right.  Not that there are not consequences but He makes things better than they would have been other wise.  It is just the way He is.  Trust Him.  He has a plan and you are in it.  It is to give Him glory and to love Him with all your heart.  But the main point is He loves you.  He will not forget you.  Your name is written on the palm of His hand.  Your name is on His mind.  He does not sleep or slumber but is always working on your behalf, bring the people who need to be in your life, the circumstances you are to be a part of,  the miracle He is going to do in your life.  He has already done the most important one, He has made you His own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7