Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Gospel, Relationships

Since this grace has captured my heart I have seen the heart of the gospel is relationships. I have had many good relationships in the past. I say good. I really didn't know how to love. But people still loved me. I was inward focused. I wanted to keep the peace. Make people happy. Not make anyone upset. Face no rejection at all cost.  Just not screw up.
Jesus came to show us an exact representation of the Father. Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father. To know Jesus is to know the Father, through the Spirit. The same Spirit that indwells Jesus, indwells the Father and indwells us. We are one with them. Three persons, One God. We are to be in an intimate relationship with all three but One.  We are to be in intimate relationship with each other.  Where the defenses are down.  The fake life is melted away.  You are open and honest and true as led by the Spirit in each circumstance.  It is not a needing but a giving away.
Jesus showed us how to love through His life through the scriptures. Relationships are life giving and sustaining. Because it is Jesus in and through us loving others. I am as dependent on my relationship with the Father and others as an addict is to cocaine. The most addictive thing out there I have heard. But in a healthy, life giving way. Not in a lacking way but out of a fullness of the love of God in you.
I have screwed up in stepping off this cliff of loving others. You are gonna mess up in relationships. There is pain and suffering and love and joy and rewards and forgiveness and dependency. All that has to be refined and purified. Redeemed. Tried and true.  You are going to give love.  And so love doing it.  Then someone will come alone who gives to you.  Not that the others don't but this is different.  It is like you are being loved with the very love of Jesus.  You think they must be an angel of God sent to you to love you in this way.  Your heart will be touched.  Your spirit strengthened.  Wisdom given.  Mind altered.  Truth comes alive.  And the Spirit is supernatural.  And the most life giving love will be theirs expecting nothing in return.  You will know it is Him.  Lavishing His love on you through them.
The key to loving others is to know the love God has for you. It is pure, unconditional and faithful and truth. We love because He first loved us. Press on. Don't give up.  Learn to love as Jesus loved. Healthy and vibrant and life giving relationships. Don't be afraid you are going to mess up. You are. But God is your protector. Your provider of grace. Your joy and your peace. Trust in Him and His Spirit to counsel you.   It is through and in Christ that we live and breath and move. Allow Jesus to love you. And others through you.
Keep your heart before Him.  Let Him meet your every need and guide you through His Spirit.  It is out of the overflow of a fountain sustained by the love of The Father, Son and Spirit.  It is an intertwining.  A life giving.  It is a union that is not understandable but the example Christ gives is His union a man and a woman.  You are one with God.  You are in the family of God.  There is no great unity than living in the Spirit of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7