Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just can't get it right



How many times when things have gotten hard do you thing.  I have done something wrong God must be punishing me.  Or when things seem easy and smooth.  Do you think, 'I am just living right'.  God is pleased with me.  Then it seems we just can't get it right no matter how hard we try.

Actually one has nothing to do with the other.  Walk down the lane of the saints and disciples before us.  Paul was imprisoned, Peter was crucified upside down.  Joseph was a slave.  Joan of Arch was burned.  Many saints were beheaded.  The list goes on and on.

These things happen, we are told.  That we might glorify God through our suffering.  Also that we would become more like Jesus.  We see Gods faithfulness and mercy and grace in hard times.  Like no other time.

So if you are suffering.  Do like Paul.  You have a Savior who got it right for you. Count it all joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7