Monday, August 19, 2013

Man was made to worship

23-24 “It’s who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That’s the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration.”

I have been at my daughters this past week.  My grandson had surgery and I was helping out so she could work.  We had a great week.  I love being with them.  We worked, laughed, shopped, cooked, cleaned, played nurse, talked, debated and remembered.  Last nite while there I got some news about another daughter of mine that is hurting.  I learned today she is not going to be able to come home for another year. She is in a horrible situation and I cannot rescue her.  Although I didn't know this at that time I knew I had to go home.  Just hearing a message from her was very upsetting to me.  I wanted to draw back.  To get in my comfort zone.  I did not pray, well finally some.  I ask God to show me my heart but I had no strength.  I was in so much pain.

I recounted my week.  I read and listened to scripture, and things that increased my faith.  Spent time with a great friend.  Slept and ate.  I couldn't figure out why I was so upset.  I knew I was tired but there was more to it than that.  It finally hit me.  All week I did not worship.  I did not go to corporate worship at church nor did I have daily worship.  I just had no time really alone and that is where I love to honor and soak in His love is in the quiet of my heart and alone.

We tell each other do your devotionals, study your bible, serve God, love others but we forget about the necessity of worship.  Man is made to worship.  God is seeking those who will worship Him with their whole heart.  It not is just in submission and fellowship in life it is a time set apart each day to glorify our Lord. But worship can happen anytime anywhere, in a carpool line, in a car to work, washing diapers or jogging. Taking the kids to a park, at lunch at work, at the supper table.  I notice things in my house that make a cross, a window pain, the tile floor, my screened in porch, it brings me to worship.  Worship is a condition of the heart. A lifestyle.  It is to meditate on who He is, what He has done, His love for us.  To lift our hands in song and praise to Him.  To dance, sing, be still, listen, rest, meditated, however you do it.  Just you and Him where your heart is His, undivided, open and honest not just about who He is but because of Him who you are. He illuminates the most wonderful scriptures to your heart and mind.  Worship not only honors God but it sustains us.  It lifts us to the throne of grace with Him above our circumstances.  Life seems so small when you are in the presence of God.  Your trust grows.  You are united with Him again in Spirit and He is the most important thing in your world.  He is worthy and you are loved.  He consumes you whole heart, mind and strength and His becomes yours.  You have life once again.

It is much easier to worship God when things are going along smoothly and happily but what about when the world you live in and those you love are hurting and you don't have the answers or understand why.  Can we give a sacrifice of praise then?  Like Job can we say though He slay me or my child can I praise Him?  Can you still trust Him with the dearest things of your heart besides Him?  This is when you reach in the deep recesses of His heart.  When you are in pain and you mingle your heart with His to cope, to be comforted, to just survive in His existence and you trust Him.  Feeling pain does not mean you do not forgive, love, worship, trust in surrender of heart and life.  Christ felt unbearable pain but yet He did the will of His Father completely.  He loved and forgave us.  He worshiped.  

John Piper said, "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him".  This is to worship Him.  To delight and enjoy God is for Him to be your God.  To have intimacy of self in Him and Him in you.  You know there is no other.  He is your Beloved, Father and Spirit.  He will bring your heart to worship as you begin to gaze on Him.  He will give you a song to sing that is shared and born in the very heart of God.  You will remember His Son and the cross and the music will flow.  Life and love and sacrifice and suffering make sense again.  He has defined it


within you.  You are at peace, rest and His joy is in you.  What more could you want or need than to glorify your God?  You are the Kings child and you have his undivided attention.  He looks into your eyes and He is pleased.  It is worship because of your wonder of Him.  Now you can go out and love, serve, obey and follow.  You can move out of your comfort zone into the unknown world of faith and trust.  You have given and received.  You can go out expecting the impossible from an awesome God.

My daughter was an idol. No matter if I wrote about it or tried I could not worship.  It was all wrong.  Sorry I can't post the link.  Go to youtube Jimmy Needham "Clear The Stage".  So good. I have demanded from others what I cannot give myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7