Monday, March 4, 2013

Sharing Burdens

I have several friends hurting. This morning at 3:00 am I was praying that I might share their burdens and lighten their suffering and load. When you do this you really do feel their pain. You will shed tears on their behalf. He will catch them in a bottle.  God gives you insight as to how to pray and encourage. You then take those burdens and lay them at the foot of the cross. He will comfort you as you trust Him. Hopefully that comfort is felt by them also and their faith is strengthened. This is Jesus living through you. It is not something you can do apart from Him. It is His compassion.  You have it for others because you know His love.

Matt. 11:28-30 The Message...
Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7