Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Friend

There is no greater love than this...That we lay down our lives one for another. (Paraphrased me.)

My friend...
I have written before about my wonderful friends. Tonight I want to write you about one special one who is totally different than me. She is type A, controlling aggressive. I am type B, controlling passive. We have one thing in common we are both controlling. lol But the thing is we love each other. She teaches me how to speed things up. I teach her how to slow down. She works. I meditate. We are good for each other.
I don't know of anyone who has loved me through the years any more than she has. She knows the good, bad, and ugly about me. She loves the Lord and loves with His love but has been hurt by religion. She does not go to church but loves Jesus and she loves me well.
She comes to my messy house and rearranges, cleans, plants flowers, brings homemade sweets to my guest, flowers and expects nothing in return. She loves me with the love of Jesus. She has worked in my house tirelessly and selfishly. She is my unconditional friend who puts her money where her mouth is. It has taken us a while to figure this thing out. How to love someone so different from you that you lay down your life for each other. But we have come so far. She is amazing. It doesn't matter when I call or how often she is there. Feeling my pain, understanding, being there for me, giving me hope. She encourages me and pushes me beyond what I can do. We both know it is Jesus in us.
I love her beyond words. She has taught me so much, about love, and hospitality and believing in yourself. She has shown me the way in practical ways that I could not grasp without her. She has been Jesus to me.
I love you dear friend...you know who you are.

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful. That is Jesus. So many Christ followers in this world and yet seeing unconditional love is so rare . . . I wish I knew why. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7