Sunday, March 10, 2013

I Can't Take It


I have been busy planning a surprise birthday party for my daughter. As her friends and I contacted co-workers, family, other friends of the family and her sons parents that she was close to, clients, the closer it got the harder I worked and the more excited we all got with the anticipation of what her reaction might me. I would pray...please Lord let her feel loved. As I went from person to person thanking them for coming, they would say, "we love Jennifer". Some came from great distance for a night of party and fun and to love on Jennifer. They came with gifts of sentimental value, my mothers wedding ring, pictures of my mom and also of Jen growing up. As she went from one person giving her love and gifts to another, the tears began to flow down her cheeks. She is not one to burst into tears like her mom but her joy could not be contained. She said, "I can't take it."
She was so touched and happy she began to burst from the inside out that we all were feeling and sharing in her happiness and joy. She was completely caught off guard and so surprised that so many from all of her walks of life would gather to gather.   It was more than she could receive being with the ones she so loved all in one place at one time.

This is a picture of Christ, Father and Spirit in my life. Then are continually working to bring me into goodness. They give me blessings and gifts beyond my wildest dreams. It is out of an abundance of love for me. It just must be expressed and the way of love is giving. So many times I am caught completely off guard. It is something that is beyond my comprehension or expectance of anything that could happen to me. I am loved in a love I have never known. I am overcome. I cannot contain it.  "I can't take it."  It runs over like the flow of water from a water fall spilling into a greatness of existence. 

Do you look for the blessing? Does it catch you off guard? We must learn to receive and expect goodness from our Father.  We have no idea how much He loves us.   He longs to give us beyond measure. In a way we never could fathom. The heights of it all is pleasure and enjoyment and delight in Him. He sees it in is our faces. Our step is different. The way we deal with life and others is unexpected. We have a confidence and trust in Him and what He can do that is completely opposite to our ways and beyond us. We have insight and wisdom. He brings others into our lives to bless us, encourage, and strengthen us when we can't go on or just for plain enjoyment. He experiences our joy with us. He is pleased as we are pleased with Him and His gifts. 

Nothing made me happier than seeing the look on my daughters face. It was all worth it. The work was giving reward. We all could just sit back and enjoy the party and each other and her. It was more wonderful than I had imagined. She was living in the fullness of all our love for her. We are living in the fullness of the love of God. There is no greater blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7