Friday, March 1, 2013

He's Alive!

My husband and I were watching tv on a commentary on the return of Jesus after his resurrection. The first person Jesus appeared to as His witness of His being raised from the dead was to Mary Magalene. At that time women had little value. They were at the low end of respectability. Mary of course was a woman who He chose to appear to first as His witness to go tell the disciples of His return from the dead. THat everything He had told the disciples had come to pass. She also was a prostitute. I have heard it said that she also was mentally ill. Jesus loved her very much and had a very close relationship to her. Of all the reputable people he could have chosen He chose her. A sinner who had loved and trusted Him. Who better could tell of the love and greatness and forgiveness and presence of their Lord than the very one He loved with His heart. She knew what He had done for her. He had saved and rescued her. He had made her whole.  She was a sinner who had been loved and forgiven. Amazing Love had can it be that Jesus died for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7