Thursday, February 28, 2013

Walk by the Spirit

We are told to walk by the Spirit and not by the law. We also are told the summation of the law is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind. To love your neighbor as yourself.
For instance I can be faithful to my husband, not divorce, be submissive, be married for years, meet the needs I am called to do and not love my husband at all. It is only by the Spirit we love. We receive the love of God. Jesus actually loves through us. He teaches us how to love and what love is.
Love is not getting someones approval and being a door mat. It also is not control and having your own way. Expressing that through anger or bitterness.
You must be taught. Scripture tells us the way of love in 1 Cor. 13, but to fully understand it the Spirit has to write it on our heart. He has to empower us. Humble us. Sometimes it is through experience in maybe failure to love. Maybe success in learning to love in SPirit and in truth. Laying your life down for another.
We speak truth into each others lives to grow in love. We share the gospel. Point each other to Jesus and the Fathers love. We love because He first loved us. It is a giving and receiving. It is not something we can try to do. It is a fruit of the Spirit. To grow in love we have to know the God who is love. Spend time in His presence and embrace. In His word. Jesus is the word. The scriptures speak of Him. He is the orgin of love. He shows us the Fathers love. If you have seen me you have seen the Father. We can do nothing apart from faith in Jesus living in and through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7