Monday, February 4, 2013

What voice are you hearing?

What Voices Are you Hearing?

Our heads are full of thoughts, voices. Have you tried just to be totally quiet? What are the voices you are hearing. What are they telling you? Several years ago I tried to be quiet in my thinking. I heard all kind of voices. Things I had to do. Condemning voices. Lies about who I was.
I had to learn to bring these voices up against the word of God to find out what was truth and what were the lies of Satan. What were thoughts I was believing that were of God. I had to learn what I was really believing about God and myself.
If the voices were quick and convicting they were of God. If they made me feel like I was unworthy and condemning they were not of God.
I learn to reject the thoughts that were not true. The ones that said I was not Gods daughter and that I did not believe in God as my Savior and Lord. To fill my mind of life, goodness and hope. I learned to renew my mind. That I actually could have the thoughts of God.
I learned to listen for that still small voice that spoke to the spirit of God. To read in His word who I was as a child of the King. What my inheritance was. How God loved me and how there was no condemnation for those who were in Christ Jesus. How Gods Spirit lived inside me and would never leave me. That nothing, not even sin could separate me from my Lord. That I was forgiven because of Jesus death on the cross. That the Father loved me as much as He loved Jesus. That all that was His was mine. I learned to have the Spirit direct my path and speak words of affirmation to me.
This may take some time but it is so worth it to discipline to learn to hear and trust the word of God to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7