Sunday, February 17, 2013

Chosen for Hardship


Colossians 1:24

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh [a]do my share on behalf ofHis body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking [b]in Christ’s afflictions.

I don't want to push my beliefs on anyone. I think when we get to heaven we will find out none of us has theology all right. It will take us all coming together as one in Christ to be whole. I would like to share something I have struggled with for years. Somethings are just to grand for our comprehension and we much accept it on faith. I wondered if God is in control of all things, even the things we perceive as being bad. Then how is He good and what about my free will. Ro 8:28 says that God uses all things for our good and His glory. I have lived long enough to see some of the really hard things in my life for good.
John Piper has a book called Future Grace.  It talks about because of Gods faithfulness and grace in the past we can trust it and Him for the future.  He proves Himself faithful even in the thought worse circumstances.  It is almost like the bigger mess there is for Him to redeem the greater His glory.  Could you be chosen for hardship?
I have free will also. It was explained to me that our free will and Gods sovereignty run along side each other like railroad tracks. They work together and hand in hand.
I enjoy reading Joni Ereckson Tada. She has been in a wheel chair since her accident when she was a teenager. She says God was in control of her accident and He loves her beyond words. She provides wheelchairs in her ministry for others who do not have one that needs one. She says her accident drew her closer to God than she would have been. She also says she can't wait til heaven when she will dance.
I have heard that everything that happens to you have been sifted through hands of love. James Dobson said difficult things in our lives is like a parent needing to get a shot for their childs ear infection. It is for the care, love and healing of the child. But the child doesn't understand only the pain. But they trust their parent.
Shall I receive the blessings of God only when they seem pleasant. Or do I trust that nothing happens to me beyond Gods control. He is in the business of our eternal good, His glory and making us more like Jesus. Sometimes these bring pain to refine the dross from the gold in our lives. At that time the gold reflects the image of its craftsman. He is the potter. We are the clay. The clay must go into the fire to be shaped into His masterpiece. Scripture says God brings calamity, restoration, healing, redemption, love.
Gods perfect plan for the cross of Jesus was before the beginning of time. If Jesus can suffer for good. THen I should identify with Him to know Him and the power of His resurrection. God gave us over to sin that we might know His mercy. He even uses our sin to bring us closer to Him.
I have an addiction in my life. I hate it but it humbles me and causes me to stay on my knees. It is a thorn in my flesh.
Like the thorns on His head and the sword in His side. It pleased the Father for Christ to die to bring us to intimacy with Him and our job is to love and trust Him. And to believe He is who He says is. His ways are not our ways but He loves us enough to even have us suffer for our good.
If you believe another way, that is your choice. If you are unsure. Ask the Father to show you His ways. Be willing to be open minded and not afraid of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7