Saturday, February 23, 2013

His Body

I want to share this so desperately. I am weak and tired and not thinking clear. So I am praying for the words you might hear and for Gods strength.
Romans 12:4-8
New King James Version (NKJV)
4 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.
Sitting on my sofa, trying to think of what God had been teaching me, of the suffering in my life, being still in this sickness, but being in His presence. I was on my computer. It was dark and getting late. I had voiced my restlessness, my struggle to believe and need to be loved within myself lifting these things to the throne of Grace.
Then I heard the door slowly open. A familiar voice I had not heard for way to long called out. It was my friend whom I love. She walked around the corner. My heart was beyond joy and excitement. How had she known my heart was longing for just what she could provide. It was a gift from God.
We called another friend and said ok, you coming tonight or in the morning. After a quick chat with her husband we were off to go get her.
It was as if we had never been apart. We picked up with our stories of joy, pain, confession, enlightenment, wisdom, the gospel, truths beyond ourselves only imparted by God. We encouraged, loved, listened with compassion, wondered, filtered what God was doing and where He might be going through the circumstances and people in our lives.
We were dancing with the Trinity. The Spirit was filling us up and we were being a part of each other and sharing the life of Christ that was so alive and vibrant within each of us.
We talked and listened til 1:30. We woke early and began again where we had left off with only 4 hrs of sleep. No one wanted to move for fear we would miss the heart of each other and of God through us. We talked til early afternoon.
It was time to part. But we took something so grand with us as we went our separate ways. We embraced with hesitancy of parting. Our minds, hearts and souls had been stretched.
We felt the pressing of the Spirit to take the love, wisdom, comfort we had received to the world beyond the room we shared. Our faith had been strengthened, our hopes were within us and our desire to love with truth and boldness but gentleness was pouring from our hearts within. Living and being through us.
We had been with God. We had been one with Him and each other through the vulnerability and honestly and of meeting the needs of each other. We had functioned beyond our capabilities into the realm of our giftedness. God's glory and the fruit of the cross of Him now living in and through us to each other was realized. We were and are the body of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7