Friday, March 22, 2013

Full Circle

Full Circle

I want to precede this post saying I love my mother very much. We were so close before she died...

Do you remember when you were just a child and you thought your parents were the smartest people in the world? You thought they did not wrong.

Then as you got into your teen and twenties you began to see the flaws in them. They seemed old fashion. Maybe I know more than mom. Oh you wouldn't say that out loud probably but you sure thought it. I did.

My mom wouldn't correct me after I got older but she would all of a sudden hold her shoulders up straight. Of course I would follow. She would come behind me and reload the dishwasher just the way she always had done it. I thought, I will never do that to my children.

Now that my children are gone, I see the very things I said I would never do, like my mom, I see I did them. Those potatoes are done yet. Cut them smaller. You need more mayonnaise. Don't be so ill...you need to learn to forgive.
I see even the things I complained, to myself, about my mom I did.

As I got even older and I saw these things in me, I came full circle. My mom was the wisest woman I have ever known. She was compassionate and giving. She had a determination and a zeal for live and love for others. I wish I was more like her.

Just as I have become more like my mom the older and wiser I get. So we become like Jesus. Staying in His presence He lives His life through us. We are surprised by joy! We see things we know are not of ourselves, like loving people. We forgive when we couldn't before. We have words to pray for people and encourage them. Oh we forget this message of Grace but because He lives in us, His Spirit brings us back to the heart of the matter. We come full Circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7