Wednesday, March 27, 2013

God Guides Us


I woke this morning at 3am, then finally at 4am I went ahead and got up.  So I did not over sleep!  I got to the meeting of my friends even 10 minutes early.  Lots of time to just be with the Lord, review my outline and listen.  Listen to my heart, to see what was going on.  Was I going in my own strength?  Was I fearful?  Was I trusting God's presence and word to be with us all?

As I meet with my friends it became evident that it would be a good idea if the message was longer than 15 min.  More like 45.  It was evident to me that the preparation that I had done on hearing the voice of God was not going to work.  By God's grace I held the message lightly.  Through talking to my friend I felt God calling me to tell my story.  THese thoughts had started coming to me even before I left this morning as I reread our communication with each other about the talk.  I don't know why I had not seen it before.  I imagine fear kept me from seeing clearly.  We prayed before leaving for the study, also when we got there.  I knew you were lifting us up as well.

It was evident God was in our midst.  As Gods story in my life began to unfold, the women were so attentive and listening to every word.  They were so wonderful to be with.  I felt so comfortable with them.  There was no fear or anxiety.  Just friends talking about Jesus. At the end they ask questions which helped so much and shared our hearts.   We laughed together, teared up together and parted with hugs and promises to stay in contact with each other.

As Joy and I returned to meet up with Gregg, they devoted their whole morning to me.  We had breakfast together.  We share things God was doing in our lives, passions He was putting on our hearts, opportunities He was allowing us to share the gospel, and concerns we needed prayer for.  What a blessing it had been to be with my old friends and my new ones.  It truly is more blessed to give than receive. God in HIs love and mercy for us uses us for the Kingdom.  Thank you so much for your prayers. Thank you Gregg and Joy for giving me the opportunity and yourselves.   God answered beyond my imagination...

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7