Sunday, March 31, 2013

Does He Still Feel the Pain?



Does He still feel the Pain?

I read a post yesterday...It was talking about how we have dreams or memories of painful things that has happened to us.  We will wake up fearful and in a cold sweat.  Or we will have a flash back of what happened and for a moment.  We will feel the pain of it again, we will relive it all. Some of us cannot sleep because of these memories.  Gods memory doesn't come and go.  He remembers and feels the pain of it all, all the time, throughout eternity.  I cannot comprehend this.

I cannot comprehend the love, the passion, how it moved God to such radical abandonment for me.  There are no words to express what God, the Father, Son and Spirit experienced that day.  I can talk about the beatings, the thorns on His head, the nails in His wrist and feet, the fluid in His lungs, the spear in His side.  I can talk about the humiliation, the rejection, the denial of others, the separation, the weight of the cross.  Not just the physical weight He carried, but the cross of feeling every sin and suffering of all mankind, the defeat of death and the enemy, the price paid and the victory won.  For the joy set before Him, me and you.

Darkness covered the earth. It was done, complete, God was satisfied. The masterful, perfect, sacrificial plan for God to lay down His life and rescue His people was from start to finish.  It pleased the Father, His wrath at your and my sin had been paid for with the life and suffering of the perfect Lamb of God, the perfect Son of God, the only sacrifice that could give man a new heart and restore us to our Father.  He absorbed what we deserve, death.  Amazing love how can it be that He my God has died for me.

He said, It is finished.  All of Heaven must have burst with celebration.  It was over.  But does He still feel the pain?

I want to love God and people in a self abandoning way.  We are forgiven, they are forgiven.  How can we not forgive?  There is no sin greater than His grace, ours or others sin against us.  I want to know a taste of this Love for God and others, this bold love,  the love the Father has for the Son, given to us through the Spirit.  I want it to run through my veins, to sink deep unto deep into my soul.

The Heavens opened wide.  On the third day He arose!  The tomb was empty.  He was seated with the Father in the Heavens.  He sent His Spirit to live in us.  He has replaced our heart of stone with a heart of flesh.  So this love can have life through us.  He gives it.  We receive it.  We pour it out on others.  He is our hope.  He is our salvation, our Savior,  our King!

Does He still feel the pain?  He feels the love and so do we!

Does He still feel the pain is an amazing song on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7