Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Where is Gods Heart?


It is no secret the election was today. Most of all this has gone over my head. I have known who I was voting for. Just by living you can gain that much information. About 2:30 I walked in, voted and left. 

My husband has built a fire in the fireplace. I have made chili. The television with the voting is playing. I am sitting on my leather sofa. With my laptop computer. A blanket around 
my feet. What more could I want.

My heart is not home or with the election. I have said my prayers and done my part. The rest is up to the Almighty God who holds our future in His hands. I rest in that.

So where is my heart? It is cold outside. What must it feel like to have no home? Maybe on the streets going through withdrawals? Maybe lost my job, or my husband or my family? Picking up tin cans for my next meal? Maybe feeling like the only way out is to steal or prostitute. Maybe I've been raped or had an abortion. Feeling desperate for God, and relationships and survival. Maybe sick and hurting and can't stand the pain much longer. Maybe so much conflict I just want to hide. Maybe so mentally disturbed I can't know reality from a delusion. The anxiety is so great I cannot leave my room. I don't want to go on. LIfe is too hard. What about those questioning if God loves them. Is what they have heard about His love for them is true. Or what about those that haven't heard of His grace and love and justice and faithfulness at all.

So I ask myself. Where is Gods heart tonight? I will tell you where it is. It is with those with the most power, our government. And it is with the broken hearted. The lowly. The hurting. He is the King of kings and He knows when a sparrow falls from a tree. He is mighty and great and compassionate. He is active in the lives of His people. Nothing is too big or too small or His care. He lowers the mountains and raises the seas. He makes our ways straight. He names the stars and rises and set the sun. He is personal and intimate and loving and He is our Father. He is faithful to His own. He is true. He is Holy and good.

 If you don't know this God who died for you, come to Him now. Get a glimpse of His unconditional love and grace for you. He wants your heart with all His heart. Confess you sins and trust Him with your life. He wants to live in and through you. Know that because of the death of His Son on the cross for you your sins are forgiven. If you know this know it again and again and again. Deeper and richer and fuller that you have ever known Him and His love before. He is mighty and majestic and He is as close as a whisper. If you listen you can hear His heartbeat. Feel the warmth of His breath. Share in the passion He has for you and you for Him. 

I love you God. Father, Son and Spirit.
Like ·  · 

1 comment:

  1. The heart of God moved your heart to express His heart, and it is a beautiful expression.

    ReplyDelete

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7