Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving...Its here

Was in the grocery yesterday. I said hello. She said I thought that was you. You shopping for the holidays. I said yes. She said I hate the holidays. Too much trouble. What is everyone going to bring. I just slightly smiled. I remember when I felt that way too.
Don't want to put a damper on your holiday but I know of 3 people who are homeless personally this holiday. One is having pizza 
on Fri with her family. It doesn't matter what you have. Or where you live. Or who you are with. Or what kinda person you are. Maybe you have blue hair and a short skirt with boots. Maybe no teeth. Maybe no job. Maybe your children are away. You are alone. I have more food than I can put in my refrigerator. I am inviting all I can find. What matters?
What matters is that you know of the love and grace of our Lord Jesus. He has showered His unconditional love for us undeservingly throughout eternity. He lives in and through you. You are His home. It is not whether you have a home it is where is His home. He will provide for you. He promises. Doesn't mean it won't be hard.
Some people would rather have no home than the problems they have in the home they have. Some have been abused. Cheated. Sinned against. It is so hard sometimes. It doesn't really matter what is going on. We are never content or satisfied unless Jesus has shown us His love beyond measure to our souls.
My heart aches and is so fun of joy I cannot contain it. Seek His face and His peace and joy whether you have an abundance material and physically or whether you are struggling in your life beyond comprehension. Or just because. I love you dear friend. Happy Thanksgiving...Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7