Friday, November 30, 2012

To Those Who Wait

Isaiah 40:31
Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.
Isaiah 40:30-31

I am not sure I know of anything harder than waiting. We wait for the arrival of a baby being born. The news we have been hired or fired. THe answer from the doctor. We or they pass or fail. Will the loan come through. The tax return. The coming of a new day. The answer yes or no. From the response of someone we love, will you or will you not. Waiting on God to answer or to move. Waiting is tough.

I sometimes get anxious waiting.  God is working patience in my heart.  I think will this sanctification process hurry up.  I long for the day I will sin no more.  When I will not hurt anyone intentionally or unintentionally.  I hate both.

Have you ever reached a point where there is absolutely nothing you can do for yourself or someone else but trust.  I guess they call that hitting bottom.  I thought I had hit it before but guess not.  I am in a place of complete helplessness as far as me rescuing those I love.  I feel like I am in a pit with my back side up and the only way to look is up.  All I can say is help me Jesus.  Help.

Sometimes the waiting is to increase our faith in order to be able to face the result that is about to come.  It maybe painful and we may become distraught.  But we must not lose hope.  We must continue to wait on the Lord.  He is in the waiting as a butterfly is in a cocoon.  On the outside it looks like nothing is happening.  But on the inside is a beautiful butterfly being created.  So is Jesus in us.  We may look the same on the outside but tremendous change is taking place on the inside.  It is an active waiting not passive.  We are being made in the image of Christ our Lord.  He is strengthening  our faith.  Deepening our relationship with Him.  Beyond anything we can imagine.

Why you?  This is my own observation.  He knows you are willing.  He is taking you into the suffering of waiting to renew you.  So you will run and not get tired.  So you will walk and not become weary.  All this is coming about in your waiting.  He promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7