Monday, December 3, 2012

God Looks on the Heart

1 Samuel 16:7
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for [a]God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Man looks on the outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart? Have you ever ask the Spirit to reveal your hear
t to you. What do you see? Mercy, Peace, Joy, Love, Patience? All the fruit of the Spirit?

Or do you see unforgiveness, sadness, anger, bitterness, resentment? Only the Lord can change the heart. Give yourself grace. It can take time to change a heart. Keep going to Him for comfort, love, healing, wisdom.

The heart is the wellspring of life. Let Jesus give you this life. There is nothing like it no matter how difficult your circumstances are. Because it is the very life of Jesus living in and through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7