Saturday, December 15, 2012

Evil has not won


The pain must seem unbearable to these families that lost their children and loved ones today.  I lost a stillborn child but I never said his prayers with him or tucked him in bed.  Fed him or played endlessly watching him laugh and giggle.  I cannot imagine how it is to lose an older child and this way.  Or a loved one.  I pray Gods presence and grace is with these families and sustains them with His peace in their grief.  I pray for the words and strength for those who are there to comfort them.  That our prayers lift them up.

As I was up praying and grieving for these families and their loss tonight and just couldn't sleep.  THoughts came through my mind...when will you return Lord?  When will you take away all evil and make all things right.   I don't understand this.  I know you weep with those who weep.  But then I thought what beauty has been added to heaven with the arrival of these today.  We will see them one day worshiping our Lord.  THeir families will be united with them.

I have found that sometimes pain and suffering and loss can make you turn on each other.  Drive you apart.  You blame each other.  I pray during this time these families and friends draw closer to each other as never before.  And to our God.

It seems that evil has won but at the cross Jesus broke the chains of death.  Then people grieved and felt hopeless but the greatest miracle of all time was taking place.  Evil was being defeated and the victory over death was being won.  Jesus is our hope at times like these.  May we draw near to Him and Him to us.  May we seek His presence with our whole hearts. Love our loved ones as never before.  Make amends.  Take hold of the power that is ours as believers in defeating sin in our lives.  Lord may we believe more than we ever have before.  May we realize that the very Spirit of God lives within each of us and us in Him for us to live forever and share in His glory, peace, joy and growing love and knowledge of Him.  Evil has not won.  THere is victory for those of us who believe.  Death is not the end but the beginning of eternal life with the Saints of old, with each other and with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7