Saturday, November 24, 2012

His well never runs dry

I was just laying here relaxing and thought...you know I haven't seen my coat. I have several light weight jackets but only one warm coat. I have gone through and gotten rid of so many things lately I wonder if I given my only coat away. It is getting cold. I am going to have to go shopping or something, which I hate to do. I really like my old coat.  We kinda had a history together.  Maybe I put it somewhere thinking I will put it here and I will not forget where I put it and crap. I forgot.
I know this is a silly comparison but I am so glad God doesn't misplace things I really need. He is always there. Meeting my every need. He has it all right at his finger tips ready to give to me. I don't have to worry.  I need your love Father.  I can't make it without your Mercy Lord.  I have screwed up again...What if I need more forgiveness and it is all gone. But I need your peace and joy Lord. I am anxious and afraid. Can you increase my faith.  Why is there none left. What am I going to do without your mercy. Has it all run out?  If I sin, do you misplace your favor?  When I am hurting and need you is the compassion not going to be there?
No Gods merciful gifts never runs out. He is always ready to meet our every need for everyone, according to His riches and glory. His gifts are never ending. It is like a bottomless well. It just keeps going deeper and deeper and deeper. You can't need more than God has to give. He is the great redeemer. If He would give His one and only Son to you what else would He possibly withhold from you.  He makes all things beautiful and right and that is His glory. I mess everything up and God brings something better than I need or hope for or imagine our of it. He is amazing.
We don't have to wonder is there enough to go around for all His children of anything. He is the great provider. He multiplies. He is bountiful. He is full of riches and glory.
At my aunts house in the country.  We use to go to visit there on Sunday afternoons.  She had a well in the back yard.  It was deep and dark.  We always had water.  Sometimes it was slow and sometimes it was a little muddy and we would have to boil it but I never saw it run dry as a young girl.  But years later that old well did run dry.  We never have to fear that with God.  Gods well is always pure and clean and full and it never runs dry.  It always quenches a thirsty soul.  It is there for the taking. It fills our souls to overflowing.  Christ told the woman at the well I will give you a living water where you will thirst no more.
I will get a new coat. I can do that. But the things I need from God I can't get or manufacture. Only He can meet the thirst of my heart and soul. Only His love is rich and deep and wide and high. So high...as my daughter tells her children. To the moon and back.  You can't earn it.  You can't lose it.  Nothing can separate you from it.  We just have to learn to take it in more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7