Monday, November 19, 2012

Lets get Real


We hear how we Christians have peace and joy. How we are not to fear. Not be anxious. His way is light.
I have been diagnosed with sever depression in the past. Funny I don't feel depressed. But are my feelings honest and truthful or am I lying to myself?
Someone in my family said no one wants to hear about sad stuff. Well sometimes life is sad and hard and suffering. My last 15 years have 
been this way. Oh I have had a lot of great times with family and friends but it has seemed the suffering went on and on. I have spent much time at home by myself. I enjoy being by myself and with the Lord so I didn't pay much attention. But I was isolating and being frozen.
I went on trips at times and visited family without much problem but then there would be times I would run from doing things I really wanted to do because I was anxious about leaving my home. I remember hearing about people that did this years ago and I thought how can that be? Well I am honestly admitting it is me.
I decided a few weeks ago no more. I am going and doing things. Being with people and letting nothing hold me back. Life is short. I am going to learn to live and enjoy people more than I have. Well I did do this but found myself being anxious all the time.
When I shared this with others they suggested I read the Psalms. THat maybe my unbelief was causing a panic. I realized that trying to move to the peace and the joy without sharing my pain with my heavenly Father was causing me to be anxious. I was denying and stuffing my feelings instead of dealing with them honestly before and with God.
In this life the Christian is promised suffering. God is making us into the image of His Son. We are being pruned. We are dying to ourselves. Christ says He left suffering for the Church to do. Why do we deny our pain and fear and suffering? We are to lift one anothers burdens. Jesus weeps with those who weep. He catches our tears in a bottle.
The way to peace and joy is to be honest about our pain and worries and suffering with others and with God. Listen to John Lynch, New Testament Gamble on you tube. We are to take our mask off that says we are fine just fine. We become ok with our struggles and our weakness. That is when the Power of the Spirit is active in our life. We are to get real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7