Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sickness Unto Death


Pastor Rick Warren's youngest son committed suicide, I just read. Pastor Warren is also the author of the book The Purpose Driven Life. His son suffered quietly from mental illness through out his life. He was a compassionate, loving man, 27 years old.

As I suffer also from mental illness, I can understand how this tragedy could happen. During a time of severe sickness while having delusions and illusions, I also attempted suicide on two different occasions, many years ago. I love the Lord with my whole heart. I appreciate life as a wonderful gift from God. With a healthy mind I would not have attempted such a thing. In light of this tragedy I am feeling compelled to tell this story in my writing.

Mental illness is no respecter of persons. It affects 1 in 4 people. No one is immune. It is a sickness of the mind like diabetes is of the body. There is much help and hope today. We have come so far in treating this awful disease with medications, family and friend support, counseling, education and faith. But it does not help everyone.

Please be in prayer for the Warrens as they grieve the loss of their precious son. The Father shares in their pain. He also lost His Son through suffering.

Our hearts are with you Pastor and Mrs. Warren, family, church body and friends.  We need you God, Father, Son and Spirit to be with us.  To comfort our hearts and souls.  You are with us no matter where we go.  Nothing can separate us from the love of God.  Satan will try and tell us God is not good but He is.  God loves His children and He is about goodness and love and righteousness.  He cares for us throughout eternity.  This life is but a breath in view of life with Him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7