Thursday, April 25, 2013

When We Are Weak



When we are weak, it is then, the strength and power of God is realized by us in us.

It is not a popular theology but it is true. God is about making us weak. We come into this world, like Adam and Eve, wanting to be god. Have you ever been around a child? They grab their toy and say mine. We want what we want and we are out to get it anyway we can control or manipulate the system and others to get it. Oh we would never say that out loud. Maybe it is something good we want. Self reliance and depending on our selves may look different in folks but it is still apart from trusting in God. It is not dependent on HIm. It is doing our own thing in our own strength.

If we are blessed, and we are, God strips our strengths from us. When I was a young girl, we were on vacation. This friend we were visiting was about to sit down. For some crazy reason I pulled the chair out from under her and she hit the floor really hard. She leaned into a chair that was not there. It was a mean thing to do. Somehow I thought it was going to be funny but it wasn't.

We lean into a chair that is not there for us, we hit bottom.  When God pulls the chair out from under us He is there to catch us if we will but let Him. It is an illusion to think we can do anything apart from Him, to think anything other than HIm can sustain us.  He is about in our weakness making us strong in His strength and might. He is building a trust relationship with us and Him. So we don't grab the chair, we don't look back, we just sit firmly in our Fathers lap. With His arms around us. He says I have you. Don't be afraid. Just enjoy the fall and relax. My Son is living through you. You are not alone. Lean into HIm, trust and follow the lead. I am your Abba.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7