Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Thing of Beauty



Genesis 1:27
God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.


Yesterday I posted that I was having my class reunion in two months and I was going to lose 20 pds, have a face lift and write a book before then. Well I was having a little fun. I know what we think is the right answer. I have not cared how I have looked for 20 years. I did not know Gods love for me.  I did not know the gifts He had given me, who I am.  But I think if we are honest, women who are in Christ love beauty. All kinds of beauty. God created men strong and women beautiful. Truthfully I think we love it when we feel beautiful. We compliment each other on our beautiful clothes, hair, we spray perfume and wear makeup, just to be more beautiful, to enhance what God has given us. We walk and talk with beauty. We have a sway when we walk, a gentleness, a tenderness, compassion, even our voices are beautiful. We love with beauty, beautiful home, meals, gifts we give others, our words, our gifts and talents from God, our treasures (sentimental things especially), our children, our pets. We love to create beauty. This is why I write and take photographs. I enjoy God when I am creating beauty. I am sure you can think of more. I think it is Christ expressing Himself through us. He is the creator of all beauty.  Some day we will have heavenly bodies,  new bodies, we will be more beautiful than we ever dreamed of being on this earth. Here we have flaws and defects and handicaps. But the beauty we will have will be inside and out. We not only will be like Christ when we see Him face to face but we will still have our special uniqueness and individualism that we have now. We love His beautiful creation, the morning sun, the night moon and stars, the flowers in bloom, the oceans and mountains, the birds in the sky, the clouds that seem to be in gentle suspended motion all the time. It all is beyond expression. I know the heavens are beautiful and the new earth will be even more beautiful because there will be no sin, no dying, no pain. We ladies were created in beauty and are a gift of beauty to a sinful world. We are pleasing to the eye. We are not more holy the homelier we appear to be. We are only holy because we have trusted Chris for our righteousness.  We have a righteous desire to be beautiful in the beauty of our Lord.   We are a taste of Christ. Think beautiful ladies because you are.  Christ not only gives us the desire for beauty but He is the beauty we seek.

Men if you get this please give it to your wives for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7