Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Bread of Life


I know many times we don't know what God is doing so we wait and listen, maybe even try different things. I know some times I have said Lord open a this door if this is you, shut it if it isn't. Don't know that is very biblical. Especially when I think of the giants of faith and how they persevered even in the midst of heavy trials and sufferings. So now I do try to see the opportunities that present themselves, but I also step out in faith more than I ever have. I think of my life. Where I might be best suited and what God might have taught me through the mountaintops and the valleys, and ask myself, hoping God is leading, where do you want me Lord? Where can I give others the same hope I have. Where I might encourage and serve someone, where I might learn and grow, where I might fellowship with other christians and non christians.

I use think of my prayer life when the church doors were open, before meals, before bed and when I would rise. I saw my devotionals as time of learning. I really don't remember meeting with God during them. Although I know the Spirit did write the things of scripture on my heart and did teach me. But there was no living, breathing, relationship with God.

I have come to see that my prayer life is a life with Jesus, Father and Spirit. That He is always in the recesses of my mind. That He is with me even when I am about daily fast. THat He never leaves me.

THe same with ministry. I use to think I will do this bible study, belong to this group and serve, write this, speak there. But now I see ministry as my life. God is bringing people in my life all throughout my day.and me into theirs. I am to listen for God speaking to me through them and them through me. I am to be aware of their needs and hos God might want to meet those needs through me. I am learning to leave myself behind and think first about others. I always did this but my heart was not right. Looking back I wanted their approval. I wanted to feel good about myself serving God. It does feel good to serve God and love others but it is to make His name great not mine.

So here I am again Lord. Bring people into my life you want to love through me. Who I can give a cup of cool water. Jesus said so you have done unto others you have done into me.

It might be forgiving someone who had treated you badly. It might be asking for forgiveness or just changing in a relationship that has done be the loving and building up kind you know God wants it to be. THere are some relationships that are just hard. You may need counsel dealing with them. Don't hesitate to get people you can trust and even your church to be with you through the steps of loving in a hard situation.

So this is where I am. Lord where do you want me. Bring in the people I can give them Jesus. Bring people in to speak Gods love and grace to me. Use me Lord but first love me. I use to try to do ministry without being in full fellowship with God. I did it in my own strength. It doesn't work. You have no fruit and get burned out. So Lord I depend on you and pray for us all that we receive all you have for us and we give it away. One beggar leading another beggar to Bread. He is the Bread of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7