Friday, April 19, 2013

My Fake Pearls

When I was a little girl, I had a necklace we called pop beads. I would pull on the necklace and they would go flying through the air scattering on the floor. It was a wood floor dad use to slide us around on an army blanket to make them shine.  It was very slippery.   I would scurry to pick them up and pop them back together again. This use to represent the events of my life to me.

Now that I am older and see Gods hand and faithfulness in everything that has ever happened to me, the events of my life are represented by beautiful pearls to me. They no longer roll around on the floor with no direction. I can see purpose and Gods glory in each and ever situation and person that has ever come into my life.

These pearls, that represent my life, are now strung together by faith in the life of Christ living in me. He has been with me all along. The colorful jewel clasp is the gospel. It fits everything into place and makes the necklace the gorgeous treasure that it is. It is a necklace of grace and love. It gives me happiness and peace and joy just because it is mine and the relationship I have with its designer. It's beauty is beyond description. Nothing can compare to it's worth. It defines me. It original and made especially with me in mind. It makes me rich. It fills my heart and soul. I feel beautiful just knowing it is mine. I feel cherished and delighted in, receiving this gift by its Creative Master Owner. I feel valued. I feel special because He loves me so. What a gift! How glorious He is. 


 To begin to know the creative mind of God is to begin to know His love for you and me.  He made a plan before the beginning to time to share with us these valuables of His creation. It was through pain and suffering.  Through laying down to pick back up.  We were chosen to be a partaker of His glorious riches, Christ Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7