Wednesday, July 18, 2012

None is wasted

After last night of having a migraine all night and being sick with it.  Today I have had much quiet time, solitude and rest.  Much to think about.  I feel wonderful.  Thank you.  I know some of you were praying for that for me.

Scripture talks about a grain of wheat falling to the ground and dying.  That there is life after death.  To me this is an example of the cross.  Christ death on our behalf brings us life, eternal life but more than that.  Life here and now.  We can be so consumed by the interruptions of this life.  Of the pain, sorrow and suffering of ourselves and the ones we love our world can be colored black and white.  Mostly black.

To tell someone God has a plan.  Trust in God.  He will use it for good.  All seems like a cliche.  When they are knocked to their knees so many times you wonder how they rise up again.  You must listen with compassion.  With your heart not your quick answers.  Pray with your heart and soul.  Feel their pain as if it were your own.  That is what Christ did.  He felt every pain, rejection, suffering we will ever feel at the cross.

I don't understand God right now.  How such horrific things can be captured to allow His purpose and His glory.  How our death can bring us fellowship with Him.  How it can bring us glory to share with Him in the future kingdom.  But it is a promise.  Dying can be quick and glorifying or it can be slow and dreary.  I pray to glorify God in my death.  Do I do that in the death here on earth or do I struggle to survive my way.  I think I know what is best.  I want the less painful way for all.  His ways are beyond my comprehension but I know He wants to know we love Him and know Him.  Not to figure it all out but to receive His love with our wounded open heart vulnerable, broken, contrite.  Only He can bring us to this point and not hard and bitter.

We try to find our own way but there is no way but His.  Without Him we are lost.  It all is senseless without Him and with Him none is wasted.  No pain, no tear, no despair is wasted.  It all has purpose and use in His perfect hand of the potter.  We are to be molded into His image.  It is His light and there is no darkness in light.  It is the light unto our path and the truth of this mighty King we serve.

John 12:24
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7