Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Excellence of Love

Excellence of Love

 1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body [a]to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 [b]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. x

My first reaction today was thinking of someone I thought had disappointed me.  I called and ask my husband to dinner.  He said he would be going to a basketball game. Did I mind.  Initially it hurt my feelings.  My next though was I would really love some tulips.  We talked again and he said Today is valentines.  I am not going to the game.  I told him what I would really like was some flowers.  He insisted on dinner.  I told him I had already made plans. To go and have a great time.
The Father loved me first.  Why do I think of how others respond to me rather than how can I love this person.  Sitting and soaking in the Fathers presence.  Loving my family and friends.  I love you and praying for you today.  That the love of  God so fills your heart you spill over to whomever you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7