Thursday, February 2, 2012

Beautiful Mind


             

                                               1 Cor. 2:16  But we have the mind of Christ.
                                 
There are days that are harder than others for us all.  I think the ones that upset me the most are when I have intrusive thoughts.  They are unwanted thoughts.  Some go from, you can't do anything right.  To something that is just awful.  It depends on how I am doing whether I can stop the thoughts or not.  If I am doing really well  I can recognize them.  Then tell myself the truth.
These thoughts, I have noticed, come when I am fearful.  I never knew I was fearful before I came  in touch with who I am.  Living out of denial.

Phil 4:8 tells us to think on whatever is true, honorable, right , pure, whatever is lovely, of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything is worthy of praise to dwell on these things.  I cannot do this apart from my relationship and dependence on God.  When I am close to His heart I actually can begin to think what He thinks.  Hurt when He hurts.  Long for what He longs for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7