Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fallen Courage

Do you ever feel like your courage and faith has fallen? Look at Matt:14:22-33. It is between 3 and 6 A.M. Jesus comes walking on water toward the disciples in a boat. They were terrified. "It's a ghost". He says,"courage! It is I! Do not be afraid".
Peter calls out, "Lord if it is you, tell me to come to you across the water." Then as Peter starts to walk across the water his faith quickly deteriorates into terror. Peter was the rock on which Jesus built the church but he sank like a stone. Says Brennan Manning.
Paul says he boast in nothing but Jesus. We all sink at one time or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7