Sunday, February 23, 2014

Why am I here?

1 Cor. 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Do you ever wonder what your purpose in life is?  Do you ever think I am just not doing enough for the glory of God?  We are told.

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

Do you wonder what does it mean to glorify God?  In the dictionary glorify means...celebrate, honor, applaud, praise, idealize, romanticize, worship, revere, thank, or to give thanks to.

We are told our purpose in life is to glorify God in all we do and to enjoy Him, no matter what it is we are doing.

In Chariots of Fire, Eric Liddell, was about to run his race and he received a note.  In it, the note said he that Honors Me, I will honor.  He waded up the note in his hand and then began to run with all his might.  Someone in the stands ask where does the power come from.  It was answered... it comes from within.  Eric said,

"I believe God made me for a purpose, but He also made me fast, and when I run I feel His pleasure."

Where do you feel Gods pleasure?  What has He gifted you to enjoy and do?  When I write I feel Gods pleasure.  Him flowing through me.  I am not a good writer by mans standards.  It is a gift God has given me from writing years of prayer letters.  One day some friends said, you should write for others to read.  This was about 15 years of writing prayer letters to my friends.  I never wrote before but God was giving me a gift.  Even a gift I could share.

I also love hiking.  I am not good at it.  I get afraid of the high places and the dangerous leaps and climbs.  But I love the gentle walks, I take with friends to beautiful waterfall absorbing God in His nature.  This time, we noticed mushrooms, and a curved tree hugging onto another one, stacks of slanted rocks that the water and time had worn down.  I sat at the top of the hill, just enjoying God and His beauty.  Just worshiping, enjoying Him and glorifying Him in my hike and then my rest.






My husband and my son enjoy God in their work.  My husband, a farmer and my son, a cowboy.  They are beyond just good at it, they are gifted and they enjoy God doing it.  My husband says he prays, as the rides for hours upon hours on that tractor.  My son enjoys God as the adrenaline runs through him, to do his best in those few seconds he has prepared and worked endless hours to perform.  He is a master and he gives glory to God in doing it and for it.





So whatever you do, do it in worship in glory to God.  It does not have to be a huge task.  It probably won't be.  It won't be huge, but God is, and that makes it worthy.  Whether you are walking your dog, putting in another load of clothes with your child on your hip, working one more overtime or sitting at home wishing you had a job.  Do it all to the glory of God.  Whether you are battling addiction or that troubling relationship, do it all to the glory of God.  Enjoy Him in the midst of the good times and the bad.  He is there with you through it all.

You might ask, how can we enjoy Him in the hard.  I see maybe enjoying Him in the good, the fun, the easy, but even the hard we need Jesus even more.  We need to enjoy Him even more.  This is the grace and the strength to carry on.  The fact that He is with us.  He knows the end already, and He is about only good, because He is good.  It may not look like we think it should.  Maybe not so good things are happening, He redeems it, brings good out of it.  Trust Him that He is in control and He has a plan and nothing can thwart that plan from happening.  Join Him in the good He is doing.  It is such a joy to be used with and of God.

Did you know God created worship for Him to be honored and adored and lifted up but it is also for us.  We were created to worship and why we will worship anything. We look to other things and people to give us only what God can give us.  But we were created to worship God.  When our heart is alined with the gospel our heart is toward worshiping the Lord.  Worship lifts us above our circumstances.  When you worship and cherish and are caught up in the praise of Him you are lifted to the throne of Grace with Him, by His side in the heavenly.  The circumstances don't seem so big any more.  You can see clearly to deal with things and people.  It is eye opening and heart changing.  It is where we are most happy.  "He that Honors Me, I will honor." We are to live a life of worship.  He is seeking those who will worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

He has a purpose for you and it is to glorify Him and enjoy Him forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7