Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Perfect Sacrifice


There is no greater love than to lay down your life for someone


My grandson was here this weekend.  We began to notice the swollen glands and he just felt awful.  You could tell by the way he laid around and what he didn't eat, even my homemade cookies.
He went to the doctor and he has mono.  He feels so bad.  I told him If I could I would rather have the sickness than Him.  He text me back and said he loved me.
Is this a small example of what Jesus did for us.  We deserved death. He was our substitute.   He came and died a horrible death and suffered that we might have life and have it abundant.  Now and forever.  He died for our sins and took them upon His self so we might have life eternal with Him.  He was separated from His Father so we will never be.  The Father and the Son showed their extreme love for us through the crucifixion of Jesus.  The same Spirit that is in the Father and Son is now living in and through us.
If you have children of your own or if it is someone else's that you love unconditional.  Can you imagine surrendering that child to a horrible death for people, much less your enemies.  That is what Abraham was told to do to his son.  He was ready to draw back and kill his son.  But God intervened.  He provided the sacrifice for Abraham.  Like He provides the sacrifice for us, Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7