Sunday, January 6, 2013

Lonely, Long Road to Travel



Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind and your neighbor as yourself.


Riding my bike as fast as I could in the opposite direction of my house.  I heard the shot.  My heart broke.  I don't think we had vets for dogs then and if we did we couldn't have afforded it.  I came back fighting the tears and wiping them from my face.  I ran to my mother and told her I never wanted a dog again.  My mother said ok.  But you have to decided if it is better to have loved and lost or never have loved at all.
Love is risky business.  I used to tell my dog everything that was on my mind.  I remember sitting on my back porch blessing my mother out.  Of course I didn't think she was anywhere near so that she couldn't hear me.  Later I found out she was looking out of the window at me.
I think of the friendships in my life.  Some have with stood the seeing things differently.  Some didn't survive and there was nothing I could do to make it right.  I tried.
One thing that has helped me grow in love is my marriage.  If you are married I guess you figured out by now that this relationship drives you more to Jesus than anything.
Love can be a very lonely, long road to travel.  Jesus says there is no greater love than to lay down your live for someone.  That the way is narrow.  God is about striping us of those things we love more than Him so we can love with a selfless love.  Much glory goes to Jesus.
I have grown in love by receiving the love of the Father for me in sending His own Son.  Also receiving love from others and them teaching me how to love the unlovely.  Namely Me.  I have friends who love me well.  Unconditionally.  They remind me of who I am in Christ and that His love is endless for me.  That I am the bride of the Most High.  His love makes me beautiful.
God tells us the keeping of the law is love.  When I can't love I pray for God, by His Spirit to love others through me.  He loves to answer that prayer.  You say I am chosen God before the beginning of time.  You set your eyes and love on me.  All I have to do come to you.  You do the rest.

1 comment:

  1. "Love can be a very lonely, long road to travel. Jesus says there is no greater love than to lay down your live for someone. That the way is narrow. God is about striping us of those things we love more than Him so we can love with a selfless love."

    ReplyDelete

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7