Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Divine Appointments


Do you believe in divine appointments? We were having some work done on a truck. A man came out. He was the one that was to take us home until the work was done on the truck..
I got to know this man more in that 20 minutes than I know some people I love. He had worked as an evangelist for the Salvation Army. He told me what a great job he had with these friends of ours that was doing the work. He talked about respect for each other.
We passed a man, with a small bag standing on the corner. He said he is here everyday at this time. I ask is he homeless. He said yes. I said I thought they were good about placing people at jobs and homes here. He said yes if they want the help.
He said I have to tell you something. I was homeless for 10 years. I was on drugs. He said he was not a christian then. He now has 4 teenage children and a wife of high school that had looked him up and found him. He had a smile on his face the whole time he was talking to me.
We began to talk about Jesus. There was a bond of our spirits. He felt so thankful and blessed. And I was blessed just by listening to his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

          LETS BE REAL...   No matter our struggles or how long we struggle God will never leave us or give up on us.       One of the thing...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7