Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Divine Appointments


Do you believe in divine appointments? We were having some work done on a truck. A man came out. He was the one that was to take us home until the work was done on the truck..
I got to know this man more in that 20 minutes than I know some people I love. He had worked as an evangelist for the Salvation Army. He told me what a great job he had with these friends of ours that was doing the work. He talked about respect for each other.
We passed a man, with a small bag standing on the corner. He said he is here everyday at this time. I ask is he homeless. He said yes. I said I thought they were good about placing people at jobs and homes here. He said yes if they want the help.
He said I have to tell you something. I was homeless for 10 years. I was on drugs. He said he was not a christian then. He now has 4 teenage children and a wife of high school that had looked him up and found him. He had a smile on his face the whole time he was talking to me.
We began to talk about Jesus. There was a bond of our spirits. He felt so thankful and blessed. And I was blessed just by listening to his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7