Thursday, August 24, 2017

My Day or His?








Oh my goodness, I am waking anxious.

What could be bringing on these feelings of anxiety, even in the just waking moments.


My day was uncertain.  Appointment at the dentist.  Not my favorite thing to do.  Not sure if my
daughter would be riding with me.  The thoughts of spacing and planning my day in my head, as I
dressed, it seemed in vain.


The anxiety played over and over...oh Lord, oh Lord.  Almost without even realizing my
peace was gone.



It occurred to me, I could pray.  Lord you say you are my comfort.  I have moved out of my comfort
and control, into a fearful place for me. The uncertain.   It seems I have spent my whole life in the dentist chair.


Jesus I am seated with you in the heavens, beside your Father.


My friend sent me Romans 8:39.  Nothing can separate me from the Love of God, NOTHING!


So Holy Spirit you bring the comfort of Jesus to my heart, mind and soul.


As the work was being done in my mouth, the pain of the process and the finished work on my
mouth...I was at rest.






God keeps His promises.  He can meet me in my time of need.  He calms my fears and raises me up
above my circumstances to be with Him.  Seated by the Father.  Things seem small and in significant when I focus on Him.


Being comforted in the midst of my day.
What would have been better,  if I started my day surrendering it's plans and the events that were to follow.  Give control to the Spirit.  Giving my will to Jesus trusting that all things would work for my good.


Control and comfort can be the two most hindrances of my walking by faith.  I have got to be willing
to move to the unknown.  To the uncertain.  To the place where miracles happen and faith begins to
be the power that keeps me pressed into Him.  Leaning into His plan and purposes of life.







So when interruptions come into my day...when I am no longer in control.  I breathe into the breath
of God, who has the design before time to bless me and those in my realm of life.  Living free,
joyful, peaceful and loving others into the kingdom plan.

The broken and contrite heart is surrendered and willing to humbly give grace as is given by my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He placed HIs love on me. It is that love that is seeing me through...

Dear friends I have prayed for you many times that you may not lose heart. Phil 4:13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through a...

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7